My trip to Maine this summer was so amazing and I want to tell you all about it. The most true thing about me is my love for weddings and my love for traveling. I’ll tell you all about what we did below. I even tried something new.
The first order of business was getting the rental car. Afterwards, we did just about all the “tourist-y” things you can think of, including the following:
- Whale and puffin cruise
- Sea glass searching in Boothbay Harbor
- Bar Harbor shops
- Blueberry pancakes (We also had blueberry lemonade, but if you have a sweet tooth and are from the south like me, where Chick-fil-a lemonade is gold… please don’t order it in Maine.)
- Acadia National Park (We drove through twice and went to the top of Cadillac Mountain. 100000000% recommend!)
- We watched the sunset with 75 other people on a crowded rock by the ocean and woke up early the next morning to catch the sunrise off Otter Cliffs.
- And you guys… I faced a fear and got in a little airplane for a 30 minute tour around Desert Mountain Island.
It was the beginning of June. I was on a trip to the beach with my family for the summer when my friend called and said, “Will you go to Maine with me?”. I guess I had talked enough about how much I loved it and she knew that would be an easy yes.
So, there I am sitting on the beach drinking a margarita with my husband excitingly booking a trip to Maine for the very next month. I don’t think he was so happy about my impulsiveness, however, he is always supportive of my need for adventure.
Our Maine Adventure
My friend, Lisa, planned the entire trip. We would fly in late, pick up our rental car first thing in the morning, drive right over to Boothbay Harbor, Maine, take some time to explore, and I begged her to help me find sea glass. Which we did! Lots of it. After, we made our way back to the Harbor to go on a very much anticipated boat tour!
This is a hare’s-foot clover. Directly in front of our rental car’s address on the side of a busy highway…
I’m not sure what I enjoyed more: the whales, the puffins, or all the sailboats.
All of Acadia was a dream!
Our trip to Maine was one of the best weeks of my summer. It’s easy to see that through these amazing images.